The DIY air rifle that will never be
March 14, 2011
Posted by on
I’ve finished two electric guitars and thought I’d need something new to build. Since I was little I wanted to build a potato cannon! And now that I’m of legal age and have money to buy the material. That is what I’ll build.
I even had a design…look:
The material required:
1. PVC pipes and cement
2. Air hose extension with trigger.
3. and a bicycle pump.
The type that looks like this:
Steps of easy assembly:
1. Cut of the pump’s foot stands.
2. Cut of one of the handles so it makes an L-shape.
3. Fix pump to PVC barrel.
4. Fix barrel to air trigger.
5. Build a compression chamber from PVC
6. Connect compression chamber to air inlet of trigger.
7. Put a bicycle valve in bottom of compression chamber
8. Connect with pump.
BOOM! pump action air rifle.
But there is a problem…..
In Australia, air rifles are banned. That’s right….all types of airsoft, paintball or bb-guns are banned. You need a weapon permit for it.
Under the following law: