May 17, 2008
Posted by on
Lets start with the SA Rand vs Aus dollar… Now doesn’t that look sad..
but wait…there is more.
- This release uses the cohort-component method to estimate the 2007 mid-year population of South Africa. Provincial estimates are based on the latest available boundary information obtained from the Demarcation Board.
- The 2007 mid-year population is estimated at approximately 47,9 million of which approximately 24,3 million (51%) is female.
- Kwazulu-Natal has the largest share of the South African population. About 21% of the population lives in this province.
- Life expectancy at birth is estimated at approximately 49 years for males and 52 years for females. Life expectancy at birth is highest in the Western Cape and lowest in Kwazulu-Natal.
- The estimated overall HIV-prevalence rate is approximately 11%. The HIV positive population is estimated at approximately 5,3 million.
- The infant mortality rate (IMR) is estimated at 45,2 per 1000.
- Aficans – 38 079 900
- Coloured – 4 245 000
- Indian/Asian – 1 173 700
- White – 4 352 100